Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
DanInKansas

Kenmore dryer 110.60612990 -- doesn't stop

28 posts in this topic

The unit reaches the end of the cycle, begins to buzz and does not stop buzzing. Drum does not stop turning.

One of the delivery guys scrounged a timer out of a scrap unit and installed that, with the same results.

"Reaches the end" suggests that the timer moves...

In addition to Sensei Reg's 2nd question, please find out and answer the following, if possible.... Why was the scrapped unit scrapped? Our assumption, despite the odds, that the scrapped unit didn't have the same problem may be incorrect. Therefore, the previously selected "best" answer may be exactly that.

Edited by DurhamAppliance

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

That solves it then. Subject to your testing skills, you have one of the following problems:

1: Bad wiring

2: Gremlins

My immeasurable knowledge and immense experience suggest problem #2

My vast sophomore experience suggests #1, i.e., "pilot error.

1) Does the Timer reach the OFF position by itself ?

OR

2) if you turn the Timer to the OFF position, does the Drum and Buzzer turn OFF ?

Timer does not reach the "off" position without some help. Timer advances down to the end of the colored bar on the front but does not hit "off" by itself. While the timer is stalled, the motor continues to run and the buzzer continues to sound.

Edited by DanInKansas

Timer advances down to the end of the colored bar on the front but does not hit "off" by itself.

That changes things ..

but unless someone can post a wiring diagram, I can't help

It may be one of these numbers