Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
rwalton

Kenmore (Bosch) Dishwasher using excessive rinse aid

5 posts in this topic

Hello All!

I have a Kenmore Elite (Bosch) dishwasher model 630.16302400.  Recently it started using excessive rinse aid.  Regardless of the dial setting, it will empty itself in a half dozen loads or so.  

I know I can replace the entire detergent and rinse aid unit.  I didn't see any posts regarding excessive use of rinse aid.  Any chance I can repair the existing dispenser without a new one, or is it unrealistic to attempt a repair?  Is it even likely that the problem would be obvious if I pull out the existing one?  Just wondering before having to buy an expensive new dispenser.  Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Regards,

Rick

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

What setting is it on?  Open the refill cap and it should have numbers with a dial on it to change the dosage amount.

Regardless of the dial setting, it will empty itself in a half dozen loads or so.

If you remove the front panel, you'll see rinse aid residue around the gasket of the dispenser and on the mechanism linkage. The only fix is to replace the dispenser assembly. If you let it continue, the conductive rinse aid vapors released into the panel during the high temperature parts of the cycle may eventually take out the control board. Dealt with this very problem recently.

Part link to dispenser assembly ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Detergent-Dispenser/490467/1107329?modelNumber=630.16302400

Thank you Grand Master :)