Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skiter29

fav6800aww Hate to even ask

9 posts in this topic

Got this one to work on customer just got it handed down to her from her parents she says that its getting unbalance which she hasent witnessed but that was the problem when parents had it they have replaced the unbalnce sensor before but thats what it sounds like if she has a full load it works fine if she has a small load it goes thru the wash fine gets almost thru the rinse then stops half full of water any thoughts

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

heres what i found i checked out the sensor and went thru diqanostics and it checked good i did turn the tub one way freely and when i reversed it it did lock up not sure if that was correct and the customer was NOT using HE soap any suggestions

She must use HE detergent if she wants the clothes to be clean, and to prevent the washer from forming it's own grud based eco-system. That machine is not one that will perform with a real small load. Tell her medium to large loads of similer weight items. Make sure it's level and all four legs have equal weight on them. Clean/sand the bottom of the feet, and also the floor under them to prevent any "skating". 

That machine is not one that will perform with a real small load. Tell her medium to large loads of similer weight items.

I have an FAV6800, more for curiosity than for use as my primary washer, although I did use it as my "daily driver" for about 6 months (until the clutch went bad, repaired under warranty).  Anyway, I once ran a load of 21 (twenty-one) oxford/button-down shirts.  I watched (with the top raised) through the entire wash period and the load did not roll-over even once.  The fabric-weight wasn't heavy enough, even with that many items involved, for the tumbler discs to get a grip on them.  Being as the lid locks through the entire cycle and by-passing the lock/sensor is not something a typical consumer would do, users of the machine have no clue how crippled the Neppy TL's action can be in some instances.  A load of towels, jeans, sweatsuits, or other such heavier / cotton items washes OK.

It's a weird machine. The parts are getting more expensive, so they are slowly making their way into extinction. Thank God!

i went back to customer house clutch looked ok so i called the whrilpool tech line and he walked me thru some test and he determind that it was a bad board funny thing is this control board is no longer avaible but my parts distrbuter still had 6 on hand but i talked the customer to buy a new machine she agreed

Back when I worked for Maytag Factory Service we called these Neptune TL's  the orange juicer or the clothes shredder.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0