Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
mada

GE Monogram Whuuurrrrrr.....Whuuurrrr....Whuuuuurrr....Whurrrrr noise

11 posts in this topic

My GE Monogram (serial# ZISS420NRESS) is making a Whuuurrrrrr.....Whuuurrrr....Whuuuuurrr....Whurrrrr noise.

We had a significant power surge and this has been going on for months. 

Fridge and freezer are performing, but the sound is annoying. Any idea what it might be and how to fix it? 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

post YouTube video ?

And can you try and locate where the sound is coming from.... Is it loudest Inside fresh food or freezer section or behind refrigerator? The better your description when making the video, the better we can diagnose the problem

Edited by DurhamAppliance

Evaporator fan motor making noise, The main control board is bad.

Evaporator fan motor making noise, The main control board is bad.

Odds on favorite

No, relatively easy if you are careful. Instructions come with the board. Pay attention to the section discussing whether to remove a wire. Some bottom mount fridges and some encoder models require a wire to be cut. Not sure what you have since no model number was posted (emphasizing why posting model no. Is important) . When it talks about "encoder models" it is talking about fridges with manual dials on the control box so don't let that freak you out. The new board may be slightly different but it is easy to match up cables with the connectors... They have different number of pins. No instructions with the motor and there is more disassembly required. But always take lots of pictures.

Edited by DurhamAppliance

Ok, I'm all ordered up. I'll let you know how a layperson has at it!

I would also strongly recommend a whole house surge protectior.

especially if you're "out in the middle of nowhere".

If you live in a "neighborhood",  the other households serve as a surge protector, somewhat