Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
njpatentdad

Maytag Refrigerator mtb2456aew lights on but nothing else working

10 posts in this topic

Maytag Refrigerator model mtb2456aew has stopped working (no fan, no compressor, warm inside) but has power to the interior lights.  Pulled refrigerator out, cleaned and vacuumed coils, verified circuit breaker not tripped, tested outlet and it is powered.

Suggestions?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I fixed 3 last month with a wackit.

careful jt...you can get in big trouble if ya get caught whackin' it on the job :rolleyes:

:groucho:

funnnnyyy ...

but don't let it get out of hand ...

I gotta hand it to you two ..

:whistling:

Nuk nuk nuk...

This job is going to take two hands...........At the cold control,  Red wire,  is there 120 volts A.C.??????

Guys, thanks for all the quick responses.  I am helping a friend and dont have immediate access to the unit to try some of the suggestions so please dont take my slow response a ingratitude or disinterest.

Domo

Please mark this as CLOSED.

My friend tried several of the suggestions and it may have been the defrost timer but he made the call to replace instead of repair as it was 16yrs old and probably not very energy efficient even when it was working.

Domo Arigato Gozaimus!