Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Beansuncle

Kenmore He4t 11045087404

4 posts in this topic

Researching drum noise here and it seems that the bearings are going.  The noise is not constant whem spinning, seems to happen midway between slow and fast spin.  No noise when washing.

There is no leakage at the bearing on the back of the drum (yet).  Ran machine with the top and back cover off and noise is coming from inside outer drum ass'y.  There is some play in the inner drum, the inner drum can be moved 1/4" to 1/2" up and down at the front opening.

I have not located a p/n for a drum assembly complete for this model number.  I didn't want to just do rear drum with bearings if the spider is probably going to be bad.  The machine is still in use. 

Is a complete drum assembly available for this model, or should I be looking for a new machine?  I have already had to replace shock absorbers and didn't want to buy this thing twice.  Very disappointed with this machine and wish I had found this site before I found this washer!

Any advise from would be greatly appreciated.  Please advise.

Thanks,

Steve

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Your drum movement to 1/2 inch is the telltale sign.

Bad bearings.

Reg,

Thanks for your help.  At $869, I think we will start shopping for a new machine.

Thanks,

Steve