Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlexM

GE Washer Model# GTWN3000M2WS, No Drain/Spin

7 posts in this topic

Might someone have the service manual?  I want to look like I know what I'm doing on this call tomorrow  Check the pump, drain, power, etc, is there something that typically causes these not to spin/drain?  Thanks in advance for the Service Manual...

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

So the drain pump works fine, good flow. The light on the motor is blinking 6 times indicating a 'Locked Rotor'  what the heck is a rotor in this case and why and how would it be locked?

The rotor is the rotating part of the motor. Locked rotor means it ain't rotating, either because it's physically prevented from rotating or the motor windings have failed or something has failed on the inverter board to prevent the motor from getting power. The inverter board has an rpm sensor that detects rotor rotation. If it doesn't detect rotation when it should be rotating, no matter what the reason, it will give code 6, locked rotor. Bad motor/inverter.

Eric

I got this all second hand from the appliance owner that a GE trained tech came out and said that all it needed was to be 'reset' and open and closed the lid five times and unplugged it?  Now it works fine, is there something in the manual that I overlooked?

Inverter/Motor Signal LED Errors

bottom of PDF page 34 of service manual:

To clear errors, disconnect power until an audible clicking sound is heard when the inverter capacitor discharges

(approximately 15 seconds).

Open and close the lid 5 or more times in any 12-second period within the first 30 seconds of power-up.

Errors will not clear if washer is in either agitate or spin mode.

i have seen this before, sometimes the code will come back shortly sometimes not for a year or so

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0