Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
suampman

maytag neptune MAH5500AWW

5 posts in this topic

The timer on this neptune is not advancing. I removed the plug from the timer to check across the timer motor, with the power off and the timer in the off position. Across the motor read open. Is this timer motor like any other timer motor? I would like some expert advice before I place this order.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Timer advancement is intermittent, controlled by the machine control board, in the off position, open circuit is likely -  What part of the cycle does it fail to advance ?  usually issue is with drive motor/motor control (conveniently comes as a kit)

Manual is here: http://appliantology.org/files/file/163-maytag-neptune-solid-door-front-load-washer/

I came back to wrap this up. Hate loose ends.

Checked timer motor as manual recommends. Should be 5000 ohms. was open.

Checked voltage to the timer motor from the control board. 4vac.

The voltage into the control board was 120vac. Good, but the plastic around the connector had melted indicating bad connection or high current draw through the board. Took a dremel tool and cut plastic off and reseated the connector. No change. With that info I recommended a new or used washer. Customer asked if I could recommend a washer. I told him a whirlpool direct drive. I looked on craigs list and found one in perfect shape. I helped him hook it up. He has referred me to two other customers.

Thanks Kdog for the manual and info about the control board.

Forgot to mention, the control board check was done with the timer on as inferred. Timer never advanced in any position.

Domo for posting the outcome!