Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
mastertech011

Jenn Air Gas Range Control Board

3 posts in this topic

This is just a general question, sort of an ounce of prevention kind of theorum I came up with. I purchased a Jenn Air free standing gas range a couple years ago. I was doing some perusing upon the internet and noticed quite a few complaints of failed control boards on these and Maytag clones or similar clones. It occured to me that a large percentage of these failures came after the owner used the self cleaning oven.

Is it possible that the self cleaning oven gets so hot that it fries the control board? Just a curious thought because I have avoided using my self cleaning oven since owning it and havent experienced the dreaded dead board... yet.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... noticed quite a few complaints of failed control boards .

on any brand ...

each time you use self-clean, the heat puts a stress on everything ....

Running Your Oven's Self-Clean Could Mean Cold Turkey on Thanksgiving Day

:nono:

“My Rules”:

Rule #1) Don't ever use Self-Clean on any Oven.

Rule #2) If you're thinking about using Self-Clean, see rule #1.

Self-Clean uses nearly 1000F for 3 hours or more. burnin.gif

That can wreak havoc on Electronic Controllers and Connections.

Many thanks for confirming my suspicions. Its not too big a deal to just use oven cleaner anyway and I sure dont want to blow big bucks on a board.