Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Garpy

Cabrio washer. Just purchase seal only?

5 posts in this topic

I hope this is the proper way to ask for this. I have looked elsewhere to no avail. I do many bearing repair jobs on a variety of machines and have found that purchasing bearings localy is a LOT cheaper than kits. I even found an LG guy that will sell me the seals that are only available to LG service guys.

Here is the problem, I can't seem to find JUST the seal for certain makes of washers.

I ask now, Is there a source here or does anyone know a source to purchase JUST the seal for the Cabrio washers. I don't want the kit #W10435302

Any help would be appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Good luck with that if you don't want the kit, You will spend half a day getting the old bearing out, it's not worth the time and aggravation just to save a little bit of money.

Thanks Scott

From the repair guide and videos It looks like whether I use my own bearings and find a seal or use a kit will be about the same amount of work. (bearings need to come out either way) If that's correct then I think it will be worth it. Off the shelf bearings run around $10.00 each and most seals that I can actually find run up to $15.00 so $35.00 compared to close to $100.00 makes it a doable repair.  I'm retired and have nothing but time. I rebuild appliances for low income families so I REALLY need to work at keeping cost down.

Thank you for your input

Edited by Garpy

why dont u buy 1 kit then go from those to buy  your off the market ones

Maybe you could re-use the old seal, try adding an o-ring, or o-rings, under the lip of the seal and fill the entire void under the seal with synthetic or marine grease. It would be cheap, might be a worthwhile  experiment.

Are you using the factory tool to press the bearings into place?

Nick

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0