Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
dryerman45

Whirlpool duet washer making noise

21 posts in this topic

Dear Master

I have a whirlpool duet washer machine model # WFW8300SW03.The first problem is when filling, water starts pouring out underneath

soap dispenser.The second problem happems only at hi speed spin at or very near end of cycle.It makes a very loud noise sounds like,''WA WOMP WUMP WOMP WA WUMP WA WOMP. Almost like the belt is slipping and catching very quick or motor is changing speed then catching up or I dont know please assist me.I need help....

Sincerely

SAMANERA

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Possibly a broken mount or shock, or,

Edited by tpoindexter

Thanks for the reply but there is no noise when shaking the inner basket.The noise that this whirlpool duet washer is making only happens at high speed for about the last minute of a cycle.Thas the first thing I checked when I looked at the unit..........

Well, I was just sharing some thoughts. I have seen the spider only make noise at higher speeds when it's not completely broken. I'm sure the pros will come up with something.

Edited by tpoindexter

''WA WOMP WUMP WOMP WA WUMP WA WOMP

Could you post a video of the noise it is making, It's hard to get a grasp of this discription. If you think the belt is slipping, pull the unit out from the wall, take the back cover off and watch it through a spin cycle with a load, so that for sure it will make the noise. I would run it through a rinse/spin cycle for the test, so that the clothes are wet, use something heavy like towels or jeans for the test. You can also take off the front bottom pannel, and watch the suspension shocks as well, during this test.

it is possible to have the bearings be bad, and not be able to move the spin basket, around.

Edited by Comstock_Services

OK Thanks,

I will post the video as soon as I can.Did I mention that when it is filling,

water pours out underneath the dispenser.I think it is a separate problem but not sure yet.

Thanks for your help

SAMANERA

check for a sock stuck in between the basket and the tub in the upper left corner, this is where the water fills from the dispenser, can make funny noises and also cause water to come out dispenser if it is stuck in front of the hose

Ok master here is the video of it doing it.oh it says it skipped and the file is to big so what do I do now.Stupid computers

sincerely frustrated SAMANERA

post video to YouTube or somewhere

then post the link here

check for a sock stuck in between the basket and the tub in the upper left corner, this is where the water fills from the dispenser, can make funny noises and also cause water to come out dispenser if it is stuck in front of the hose

have you done this, probably quicker then figuring out you tube  posting, pull the boot back a bit and you can look in and see if anything is there

Edited by sh2sh2

Havent been back to customers house yet but thats the first thing I will do thank you for your tip.

Here is the youtube link.   http://youtu.be/8OWUfJEEvVk

It could also be coins, or other foreign objects that were left in pockets stuck in between the inner wash basket and the outer tub making that noise.

Sounds like a drive board or motor feedback issue.

I totally agree with sh2sh2 on this one!!!

The sock or whatever is whizzing around between the front of the drum and outer tub shell causing the water to back up when it gets hung up at the water inlet.  The noise sounds like whatever it is gets held, probably at the rubber water inlet flume hose and when it comes loose makes the WHOP WHOP noise as it rides around the tub then hangs up again.

Well the noise was there long before the water leaking from the water dispenser so anyway going there tomorrow to recheck things.

I f anybody has another tip on this let me know.Remember that it only does it at High speed at or near end of a cycle

Thanks SAMANERA

Did you check the concrete counterweights to see if they are loose?

Sounds like a drive board or motor feedback issue.

Agree.

OK Went back to customers house and solved the dispenser leaking problem ,however the noise was still there but this time it sounded more like a bearing noise so I told the customer what it was.Strange symptom for a bearing.Too expensive to repair.Iam thinking that when it gets to high speed spin towards the end of cycle that the bearing begins to act up

SAMANERA

OK Went back to customers house and solved the dispenser leaking problem 

Did you have to remove the dispenser and the dispenser feed tube to solve this problem?  If so, you may would have found that sock stuck in the upper left quadrant of the boot like Brother sh2sh2 pointed out...

Master,

I removed the feed hose and found nothing.Iam still baffled by this repair because after I removed hose and put back, the leaking stopped from dispenser.

The noise was there long before the leaking problem presented itself

SAMNAERA

i have seen a few cases where the bearings only made noise at the highest spin speed, spin it by hand and the feel fine and most of the spin there is no noise, then after the bearings get hot the start seizing up and making noise