Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Need help with info on part for a Rheem RGLC-06NC-ER

Budget Appliance Repair

Rheem forced-air furnace

Mod# RGLC-06NC-ER or maybe RGLC-06NCBER (Hard to read tag, I wrote down as NCBER but only can find any reference as NC ER or NC-ER).

Ser# GN3D404F39889774

Manufacture date: 10/1988

I can't find any parts list or break downs for this and need the fan blower "Time Delay Relay".

This is a down draft model that uses the optional "Time Delay Relay" to start the blower fan before the Cam-Stat fan/limit control kicks the fan on and I believe it also has delay on off but not totally sure of that.

The "Time Delay Relay" is solid-state from the looks of it, only about a 1" square block burned up so can't read any numbers or markings from it.   It has four terminals, two from the gas valve that sends 24 volts to the relay as soon as the gas valve is powered and two more that switch the blower fan on even if the Cam-Stat fan control hasn't reached the on temp yet, (by function of time instead of temp).

Without the "Time Delay Relay" in the circuit the blower motor comes on about 1 minute after burner has fired, (fan control is set at 130 degrees on and 100 degrees off temps).   Without the time delay relay there is a problem when the flame cycles off/room t-stat satisfied the blower only runs about 45-50 seconds to get the Cam-Stat temp down to the 100 degree shut-off temp but then raises back up to the 130 degree turn-on temp again in another minute or so.  It does this cycle about 3 times before the temp won't raise high enough to turn on the blower again before the next call for heat.  I lowered the fan off temp down to 90 degrees and that helped some, only two cycles instead of the 3 or 4.

I need to know the time delays the original TDR calls for on this so that I can set the times on a universal ICM251 time delay relay unit if I can't find the original TDR that this unit calls for.

Any help with the part# for the OEM TDR or the time delays on make and break would be helpful,

Thanks.

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Budget Appliance Repair

• jb8103

• RegUS_PatOff

• applianceman18007260692

Thanks for trying RegUS, but that's not what I'm looking for.

What you listed is a blower fan relay and the 24volt transformer.  This blower relay selects between hi/low-heat/cool fan speed.

What I'm looking for is the "Time Delay Relay" which is mounted up on the blower wheel housing.   It turns the blower on after a predetermined amount of time passing, (?30-60 seconds), since gas valve has been energized and when gas valve is DE-energized I believe there is a delay of a certain amount of time, (?120-180 seconds), before the blower will turn off regardless of what temperature the Cam-Stat Fan/Limit control is reading.

This unit doesn't use a control board that would normally have the blower ON/OFF delays set by dip switches on a board, just a basic older unit but a downdraft unit that uses the "TDR - Time Delay Relay" in addition to the Cam-Stat fan/limit control to control the operations of the blower fan, (the schematic lists the TDR as OPT - Downdraft models only).

RGDD-06NC-ER is the only thing close to my model# RGLC-06NC-ER that I could find also but don't know if the DD may not be a downdraft model.  I found a few places of others asking questions about a RGLC-06NC-ER but no one really answered them and haven't been able to find any parts breakdowns to find the original part# or any specs on it.

This is what I need but probably one with adjustable time delays, but I need to know what the delays should be:

CAM-STAT S106-1A-40-100C TIME DELAY RELAY JOHNSTONE SUPPLY L36-827

http://www.johnstonesupply.com/storefront/product-view.ep?pID=L36-827

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair

• Team Samurai

The time delay settings are determined by which type of integrated control board this unit has.  The typical ones are White Rogers, Honeywell, and UTEC.  Do you know which control this unit uses?

Thanks for trying RegUS, but that's not what I'm looking for.

This unit doesn't use a control board that would normally have the blower ON/OFF delays set by dip switches on a board, just a basic older unit but a downdraft unit that uses the "TDR - Time Delay Relay" in addition to the Cam-Stat fan/limit control to control the operations of the blower fan, (the schematic lists the TDR as OPT - Downdraft models only).

Samurai, Did you miss this part?  No integrated control board, only thing that is electronic in this unit is the electronic spark/gas valve control module.   Has the relay on the transformer/junction box cover to control lo/hi-heat/cool fan speeds and a contactor for cooling if AC were to be hooked up and a standard Cam-Stat Fan/Limit control for blower.

This downdraft model also includes the TDR - Time Delay Relay to control the blower fan operation which will override the Cam-Stat Fan/Limit control.

The TDR is what is burned up, it shorted and was keeping the blower running continuously and putting out the smell of electronics/plastic burning coming out the registers.

The furnace works for the time being without it but short cycles the blower fan back on 3 or 4 times after the room t-stat is satisfied.   You can watch the Cam-Stat fan control go down to the 100 degree shut off point and the fan stops then residual heat in unit will move the Cam-Stat back up to the 130 degree fan on point and run till it gets back down to the 100 degree off point.  Moving the fan off to 90 degrees ran the blower for longer on the initial shutdown and only had 2 short cycles before it would no longer run the blower until the next call for heat.

Most integrated controls don't have a fan on time setting - usually around a 30-60 second time delay to start blower then switch selectable for 90,120,180 off delay.    The CAM-STAT S106-1A-40-100C TIME DELAY RELAY has a 40 second delay before blower comes on and a 100 second delay for off which may work but I will most likely need to get an adjustable unit so I can dial in settings that won't run to long blowing cold air but still cool the heat exchanger enough so residual heat won't turn the blower back on by the Cam-Stat fan/limit after the off delay of the TDR has shut down the blower.

Very old parts list for the -GLC 06E/06N from Universal Parts in Fort Smith, Arkansas, as found on Rheemote.net.

Blower TDR part # 42-22325-01

I can send the PDF if you like, don't know how to do that through the PM function here, though.

Could not find delay times specified in installation instructions or spec sheets, rather odd, maybe I missed it, these are scanned PDFs and you can't search them.

If you've got a universal TDR, try dialing it in around 120 seconds or so, that should do it unless it's got a really lame blower. I don't know, personally, never had to deal with a TDR yet. Now watch, I'll get two in a row next week.

Edited by jb8103

Thanks JB8103, that was just the info I needed.

With that part# I did a google search and found  probably the same PDF document for pretty much all the -GLC models, (I found it here: http://www.foxmacon.com/wk/GASHEAT/GLC.pdf )

Did a search on the part# and found specs of:

This is the factory OEM replacement time delay relay for many Rheem, Ruud, and Weatherking models. There is a SPST switching contact for line voltage and a 24 volt coil to operate the relay. The delay is from 25-80 seconds on power-up and 50-100 seconds on shut off. Some original parts may have a different physical appearance than the factory replacement, but this part will function the same. This part replaces AS-66878-01, 42-21279-08, 42-22325-01, 42-22325-02, 425086, 8201-5607, 8201-5615, and 8405-5634.

Looks like if I find any with at least a 45-60 second on delay and probably 100-120 second off delay I should be fine.

Thanks again for your help,