Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
AlexM

Maytag D.W. Model# MDB7760AWS0, Intermittent power.

6 posts in this topic

This issue was that there was no power to the unit.  When i went out to check the unit, i found that the controls and everything worked fine.  I took off the front and cleaned the wire connections and re-plugged everything back in.  I also checked the thermal fuse and it was good.  I tested the unit again and everything seemed ok when i left.  I also checked for 120 volt at the wall and it was good.  Now  the customer called back and there is no lights or power to the unit, is there something else i should be looking for?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

First thing I check with this type problem on a DW is the J box wirenut connectors.

Is this connected to a dedicated circuit?
Is the circuit on a switch?

I had a customer like this that moved into a new house, she didn't realize there was a wall switch that controlled the dishwasher.  She kept turning the switch off.  It worked fine when I was there because I would turn all the lights on and the switch that controlled the dishwasher.

I would lean towards the touch panel on that model, but obviously thats just a guess.  Ask the customer if it was acting goofy for awhile before it went dead. Sometimes only certain buttons will work or you have to push multiple times to get it to go. Verify correct voltage to unit and then check out that touchpanel.