Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Everest Refrigerator ESR2

jlb813
Go to solution Solved by RegUS_PatOff,

This refrigerator is not cooling properly. The customer reports that it is set at 36 degrees, but won't cool below 39 and when the doors are opened regularly, it goes up to 50+. Another company installed access valves and charged the unit about a month ago. The customer says the unit worked better for a week or so. I cannot find the source of the leak with an electronic detector. My question is what should the pressure readings be. I am getting 18 psi on the low side and 135 psi on the high side. I am not familliar with this type equipment so I don't know what readings I would be seeing if the unit was operating properly. I did look at the evaporator coils and they were wet, but there was no frost pattern. The customer wants me to charge the unit just in case the last charge was insufficient rather than the leak is bad enough that it has already leaked down. I do not do sealed system repairs generally, but this unit is so expensive it may be worth it to the customer, but before I dive into that mess, I would love to know more about how this unit works.

• Solution

The specs in the manual provided by Sensei Reg indicate the unit is overcharged.

It would be best to evacuate the system pull a vacuum then recharge at 13 oz of 134a.

The vacuum may remove a possible cap tube restriction.

Both coils should be checked for dirt and airflow.

Fan motors should be checked for performance.

• Like 2

Thanks for the manuals and the advice. I will evacuate, vacuum, and weigh in new refrigerant as well as clean the coils thoroughly. All fans are operating, but the customer said the unit was making a "moaning" sound which did not occur while I was there. I will check the fans for free movement. Again, thanks for the help.

Final update. After evacuating, vacuuming and recharging with 13 oz of 134A, the pressure readings dropped to 12 psi on suction side and 130 psi on high side. Additionally, both coils were cleaned. During the charging process, the condensor fan started making noise which the customer identified as the "moaning" sound she had previously heard. I replaced the fan motor, and the unit is currently operating normally. The customer says it is working the best it has worked in a long time. Thanks for your help; especially, the service manual.

• Like 2

• Team Samurai

Thanks for posting the outcome, jlb.  Great job!   :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

oops -service valves ? what not 3in1 i hope if so get ready to return . . my advise  once the sealed system has been  opened  you lost compressor eff . this is my belief if i have to open the sealed system then its time to replace the product .at this point everything else is just a stitch in time 

oops -service valves ? what not 3in1 i hope if so get ready to return . . my advise  once the sealed system has been  opened  you lost compressor eff . this is my belief if i have to open the sealed system then its time to replace the product .at this point everything else is just a stitch in time 

If we advised every customer to replace a repairable product we would not be diligent appliance servicers.

Not to mention the millions in lost revenue.

... my belief if i have to open the sealed system then its time to replace the product

48 cu/ft

evesr2_thumbnail.jpg&maxx=150&maxy=150

List Price: $6,198.00

Your Savings: $3,724.38

Your Price: $2,473.62

• Like 1