Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Strathy

Service Manual for a Hotpoint Fridge. HBS18GBRAWW

13 posts in this topic

Anybody have a service manual for this unit? How the heck do I get at the evaporator fan motor? Definitely not running, just not sure how to get at it.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Either you're off somewhars in the model number, or it's a straight-out Canoodian model cuz I ain't finding nuttin on that'n.  Check it again and lemme know, budrow.

Definitely a good model number - can see the part breakdown here:  http://partsnet.geappliances.ca  Might be a Canukistan model ... but I'm sure it would be the same as something in the US.

Mechanical defrost, mechanical cold control... seems like a pretty simple box.  What's the problem?

How do I get at the Evaporator Fan motor.  Looks like it is all build into the center mullion.  

... or it's a straight-out Canoodian model

Strathy

Kohai

Sublime Master of Appliantology

320 posts

Flavorite Brew:DP

://partsnet.geappliances.ca

Strathy

Kohai

Sublime Master of Appliantology

320 posts

Flavorite Brew:DP

Wow! Strath, you mean I've known you all this time both here, your Posterous site, your blog and on Twitter with all your location updates on Foursquare and you were able to keep it a secret that you're a Canuk?? Guess I shoulda figured something was funny with all that Ontario talk, eh?

??  Confused Canuk here now!  I thought everyone knew my little secret ...  lol.  Yes - moved from Ontario to Manitoba now - but still in the Great White North.  I sent you a PDF on that fridge - gives a decent breakdown - that should work for me ... unless you have other stuff on that type of unit.

??  Confused Canuk here now!  I thought everyone knew my little secret ...  lol.  

You're kidding, right?  I've read your blog talking about living on a boat in Ontario... even I can figure out from those stories that you live in Canada!  I was being sarcastic just to tease Reg because he posted your profile info that appears in your posts as though I've never seen (or noticed) that stuff (when I'm the one who programmed it to appear the way it does).  

Oh well, so much for sleight of brain.   Now is the time on Sprockets ven vee dance...

a54629da0a.gif

Domo for the PDF.  I'll post it in the Downloads section mo'scratchie to make it available for our other Brethren from the Great White North.  

lol.  Ahhh ... the confusion clears.  

he must be one of them undercover spies like james bond...he even spells "center" correctly just to throw us off the trail.  I done figured it out Yep, it's a canadian model alright. The "gbr" part of the model number stands for "Great Britain" of which we all know Canada is still a part of, despite what they say.  Cuz we americans know you cant get your freedom from England, or anybody for that matter, unless you kill a bunch of folk with guns and stuff. Y'all don't like guns...y'all can't be free...so gbr means its canadian/great britain and Strathy is Mi6... ie ..in her majesty's secret service, spying to get appliance secrets from Whirlpool and Ge. That model was probably made from captured photos of a Ge/hotpoint manufacturing plant. Do not give him authorized plans!  This is all so simple once you sit down and figure it out. btw I got my eyes on kdog as well.

Edited by DurhamAppliance

.... btw I got my eyes on kdog as well.