The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
PartsLeftOver

Graoning WhirlPool

3 posts in this topic

okay I have had this dryer for 11 Years so maybe I got my moneys worth out of it but I am being a cheap SOB. Well as it stands now, it worked one day after I thought it died. When you push the start button it sounds like the motor or something is bogged down. Then it eventually quits making noise all together. As if it resets or shorts out a fuse. And like a fool I try to start it again. No repairtman has ever looked at this machine, so I am assunming there is some preventive maintenance I may have forgotten to do... :yikes:

Please help me GURU... :huh:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If the motor runs a short time and then stops, or makes a hum noise till you push the start switch, you may have a bad motor.  It will cut out on its internal overload if it over heats and then restart after the motor cools down.  You could also have something in the vent housing putting pressure on the blower wheel.  The belt could have come off of the idler assy and is wrapped around the pully  bracket.  The drum rollers could have crapped and has the drum jammed.  You will probably have to take the dryer apart to see what might have it jammed.  If all looks ok and the motor shaft turns free by hand, it might go back to a bad motor.   Pegi

Cool thanks for the input, I will have to tear it apart tonight.