Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
amvisel

JDS9860aap downdraft switch

6 posts in this topic

My Jenn-air duel fuel range's downdraft switch does not work.  all the rest works-oven, convection fans, stove top burners and lights on the control board.  It seems to be just the downdraft fan.  Could it be the rocker switch or does it sound like the relay board....please say rocker switch!

Thanks in advance!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... It seems to be just the downdraft fan.  Could it be the rocker switch or does it sound like the relay board...

could be either of those (3)..

would need to do some tests of each component

16026780.pdf

You guys helped me years ago disect a subzero so that I knew what part to order from you and then all I had to do was have a repair guy come install it- and I really appreciated it!  Of course I hope it is only the rocker switch but can you lead me how to take off the front panel to get to remove the switch to test (saw the video on how to test) and also how to get to the relay board I saw mention of that others have found burned?  I'm just a girl :) so I am going to have a friend help me undo the thing and do the testing...

Thank you so much RegUS_PatOff!  Lovely evening reading with a glass of wine!!