Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
bimbbobway

Dishonorable GE washer, customers says it shuts it self off mod# WPGT9360E0PL

9 posts in this topic

I'm working on a GE washing machine. mod# WPGT9360E0PL The customer states it intermittently shuts itself off for no reason. She says she starts it and when she comes back to check the washer it has stopped. The unit restarts immediately with no trouble. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... to check the washer it has stopped.

... The unit restarts immediately with no trouble.

1) stopped, no display / lights, power is OFF

OR

2) display / lights still ON, restarts where it left-off ?

Hello, my intermittent friend.  I seem to recall a service bulletin from the Great Satan on this problem informing that the stator assembly can cause this problem if its resistance is out of specification, which is 8 ohms.  

Yes it stops in the cycle.

It will restart from the beginning.

Display stays on.

thanks ill check the stater for 8ohm

Please let us know whatcha find!  

Update from ASTI tech tips: the noise filter is a common culprit for this problem. Tends to occur with vibration, so flakey solder joints, etc. If the stator ohms check out, as our yak-infested friend Moostafa suggested, replace the noise filter.

Thanks, will report back with results when success is achieved.

Thanks, will report back with results when success is achieved.

I cleaned 6 years of infested-yak from the dryer and vent. I had a hunch that the reduced airflow was causing the dryer to run long and possible messing up the communication with the washer. The home owner said she had no trouble with the washer last week. I tested the stator and the ohm reading was 8ohm. I will be back at her house next week. If she has had more trouble I will check the noise filter and such. I got a hunch it's fixed but only time will tell. It's hard to know for certain as she has a housekeeper do the laundry and the info from the homeowner is second hand.