Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
brianl0646

Replacing ignitor on GE profile range jgb920sec4ss

6 posts in this topic

I have the new ignitor, I have removed the bottom of the oven and can see the ignitor on the burner tube, but the wires just go into the bottom of the range. I turned it around, but can see no way to access the connection. Do I just cut them off and splice on the new one? I don't want to do that if there is a better way. Any help will be appreciated. Here is a picture of what I am dealing with.

Brian

post-8423-0-66913700-1362454783_thumb.jp

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I have the new ignitor, I have removed the bottom of the oven 

Does this mean you have removed the pots drawer at the bottom?  That usually give clear access to the wires.  Splicing in the new ignitor is typical and most replacement ignitor kits come with ceramic wire nuts for the purpose.  The replacement ignitor kit for this range does come with ceramic wire nuts.    

I didn't remove the pots drawer. I'll check that out. I have the wire nuts that came with the ignitor, I didn't want to Jury rig if I didn't need to.

Thanks,

Brian

How do you remove the pots drawer?

Brian

I figured it out, thanks.

Brian

I know its a gas stove but do remember to unplug it. That ignitor does rely on electricity to heat it up and sometimes you can forget that.

I know this from personal experience....heh