Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
edl007

likely timer failure in Fisher Paykel dryer DE60FA-US1

1 post in this topic

Our dryer has become increasingly erratic. To start the dryer yesterday, I had to rotate the timer dial to "inappropriate" positions incl. some of the Off positions (for testing, I would then rotate it till the machine stopped at other arbitrary but immediately reproducible angular positions).

Today, when I got home from work, my wife said she could not get it to start at any position. I was able to get it going at just one position on the dial. I believe the timer needs to be replaced. Please let me know if this sounds right, or if there is any other likely explanation. I opened the control panel and have access to the timer (I removed its cover). I plan to call parts suppliers (local and perhaps online too) in the morning (tomorrow, Wed 3/6/13). I have the dryer manual (couple months ago) thanks to a helpful expert at Appliantology.

I was surprised to find a price of $230 at Sears online for the timer. That's rather high for just a timer, and, as I recall, about half of what the machine cost at Lowe's a few years ago. The timer label says it is a model M460-G, but I saw somewhere that this model no. applies to many dryer timers with variations, so I'll need to specify the dryer model no. and maybe serial no. too.

Thanks in advance for any advice, incl. where best to order the timer. We can manage without the dryer for a few days, so there is time to ship it by  2nd-day UPS or Fedex.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!