Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
DJAPPLIANCE

WHP WASHER MHWZ400TQ00

10 posts in this topic

Need help had the above unit showing an f-20 code well I replaced the pressure switch after m the pressure line is clear aking sure the unit wa clear. I had a ccu even installed it and still getting the dang f-20 any help

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

F20 NO WATER DETECTED ENTERING MACHINE
OR PRESSURE SWITCH TRIP NOT DETECTED.

Is there water entering the Washer ?

Are the Water Valves clogged ?

Using any "funny" Water Inlet Hoses ?

Have you tried a

Cold Wash ?

Warm Wash ?

If water os entering the machine,check the pressure switch hose for a pin hole or gunk where it attaches to the tub.

I have changed the pressure switch and the ccu blew through the pressure hose and all ok?water is entering the machine its putting to much in it

replace pressure switch hose. blowing thru it is not gonna tell u if there is a pin hole in it.  i have replaced many of these that were rubbing against the tub do to poor installtion at the plant.

if it fills and stops, my guess is they sent a bad part

do those have a pressure switch that clicks when full?  do you hear a click?  maybe load test the wires running to the switch?  Are you able to stop water flow by blowing into the hose while it is filling?

Edited by AppGuy

My first move would be to unhook both ends of the air tube and trim them back 3/4 of an inch each. If that doesn't help then sometimes I'll take the top end of the tube off, fill the unit with water, blow into the tube until I get bubbles and then sit there with my tongue sealing the end of the tube for 2 minutes or so while I read a book on my phone or tablet.

After waiting, I blow slowly to see how long it takes to get bubbles again. This tells me if water has crept up the tube, revealing a pinhole leak.

The only other thing that leaps to mind is those wires and their connectors. Remember to not only check continuity but wiggle the heck out of those wire while you're checking it so that any internal breakage in the wires will be detected.

Edited by ScottsApplianceRepar

i know this reply is late but man I feel so dang stupid you will never guess what the issue was? Lets just say this I had some new tubing (don't know why I didnt do 1st) but I took old hose out and installed new hose,went ahead and ran while I took the time to look at the hose and about the same time I found the very small rub spot in hose the water shut off and went to washing :-) I guess we all over look the smallest things

Domo for letting us know!   :dazzler: