Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DanInKansas

K-Aide KUDI02FRSS0 -- poor sealing and bad touchpad

4 posts in this topic

post-56612-0-08259200-1362594719_thumb.jpost-56612-0-67382500-1362594731_thumb.jComplaint was non-responsive/intermittently responsive touch pad. User interface was warped upwards.

Took off outer door, door latch/switch assembly was covered with white gunk. 

Taking the latch assembly off I can see that the inner door is really bent where door latches.

There's no obvious reason for this bend -- I took the unit out a few inches and observed the door closing from multiple angles -- it's striking correctly and the installation wasn't bad. No torquing or twisting of door on the hinge.

My question  -- am I right in thinking the bent door is going to cause problems?  Or can I solve the moisture/hot air issue with a new gasket and leave the door as is.

Difficulty: customer will replace if a new door is needed and will repair if it's just the gasket and touchpad.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

These units are infamous for bad ribbons/touchpads. IMHO, I would not be eager to replace the inner door -- just the console.

Thanks!  I didn't know about this particular issue. Given how much crud has gotten inside the latch and touchpad, should I also replace the ribbon connector that goes from the touch pad to the control board?  That's on the parts drawing as a separate part and I would assume it's also been compromised. 

should I also replace the ribbon connector that goes from the touch pad to the control board?

I guess it wouldn't hurt to have it on hand when you go back. I carry that ribbon on my truck, so I guess it is a common part failure...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0