The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
RedToryTy

WP VMW WTW4950XW3 with blinking sensing light

8 posts in this topic

To the Dojo,

Anyone encountered a washer unable to accept commands, with a blinking "SENSING" light? I can't clear it even unplugging the washer.

Thanks in advance,

Tyrus

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

is that the Error Code ?

see bottom right corner of Page 3-5

service manual

L-84

Vertical Modular Washer

Don't think so; the "SENSING" light begins blinking upon plugging in, and won't accept any commands.

will it go into diagnostic mode

No, it won't do anything except sit there and blink "SENSING."

Will check the central control module "OK"/Green light.

Check the Oms on the shift actuator after unplugging from main control board.  J16, pin 1 & 2.  should be 2k to 3.5k.  My experiance is that the shift actuator has malfunctioned, replacing it after determining the old one is bad has fixed most the machines I have serviced.

Edited by Patricio

Putting in diagnostic mode has a little patience some times.  dial left, hesitate, dial right, hesitate, dial right, hesitate, dial right, hesitate, dial left hesitate, dial right.  in diagnostic mode.  Unit won't go into agitate or spin mode unless you leave it in door locked.   Book in left front of cabinet.

Thanks for the tip, Patrick.