The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
RedToryTy

KM (Frigidaire) laundry center 417.98702892 not pumping out

8 posts in this topic

To the Dojo,

This laundry center won't pump out. It has an 88-Watt pump, and is drawing .75-ish amps. Tub-to-pump hose is clear, and I can blow water out of the pump-to-drain hose. Am I crazy: does this hose have a check valve; I am getting the correct amperage, right? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tyrus

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

seems OK

How's the Impeller ?

does the Pump turn when powered ?

I used the conversion formula from my appliantology textbook; I'm reading out okay.

... The instructor showed the exact one I carry: the Kill-a-watt meter:

that's the same one I use around the house ... can accumulate wattage usage

Wife: "How much is that beer cooler in the garage costing us per month  ?"

Store owner: "How much is your Pepsi machine costing me per month ?"

Don't forget to check the door lock assembly on these; in particular, the door lock assembly wax motor which is in parallel with the pump motor. An intermittent/shorting door lock assembly can throw the pump a curve ball. 

If you bail the basket so that it's empty, will the washer spin? If not, excellent chance that your door lock assembly is bad as Brother Wingerman points out.

Are you getting any error codes?

check valve is built into the drain hose on the friggys

Edited by BrntToast