Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
phigregg

KitchenAid WPKUD x01 Dishwasher steam vent condensation

9 posts in this topic

Hey, I just finished remodeling my kitchen.  first run of the dishwasher and I'm sitting here watching steam coming out of the top vent condensating on the new granite and then running down the front of the DW and forming a puddle on the new wood floor.  I understand why the condensation is happening, but I need it to stop.  Any Ideas?

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... KitchenAid WPKUD x01

? ? ?

This Job Aid, KUD01 STAINLESS STEEL DISHWASHERS, Part No. 4317288 provides specific information
on the operation, diagnosis and repair of the KitchenAid KUD01 series Stainless Steel Dishwasher. 

Maybe I got it wrong, how about WFMC?

yeah, I already had that manual (courtesy of you), it's no help...

Maybe I got it wrong, how about WFMC?

WFMC is a Bosch WASHING MACHINE-- a wet appliance to be sure but usually in a whole different part of the house from the kitchen.  

Post a photo of the model number tag on the DISHWASHER and I'll look have a look in the Secret Samurai Vault ™.  

Your CORRECT model number is 

KUDP02FRBL2

In your kitchen remodeling endeavors, did you happen to install a new disposal in your kitchen?  

fooddwplug.jpg

I worked for a place that did remodelling as well as service. (Same place that I was the F&P warranty tech).

The steam is normal, it's supposed to come out of the vent. Granite will always be cool enough to cause condensation.

The remodelling people should have known about this, and compensated for it.

The only trick I know is to move the dishwasher slightly forward and reinstall it to stay that way. The idea is to get the steam to rise straight up without contacting the granite.

If you don't do that, or find another way, that condensation is going to get into the cabinet wood and cause it to swell.

If you can, get on your contractor's ass and have them fix it.

FYI: This issue is VERY common with Fisher Paykel dish drawers. They come with the options set to open the lid when the cycle finishes and that lets a bunch of steam out. You can set the options on dish drawers to keep the drawer locked after a cycle until it's powered on.

Edited by ScottsApplianceRepar