Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
jkilgore34

Samsung Dryer won't turn off in sensor mode.

12 posts in this topic

I had a call and the people said the sensor mode wouldn't  dry the clothes.  These people live over 100 miles away so I replaced the control board and the sensor itself.  Now they have called back and said the dryer won't shut off in sensor mode, that it starts all over.  They said that it will count down and shut off in timed dry.  Could somebody give me some possible causes for these symptoms?  I know that I plugged in the all the connectors when I changed the control board and the sensor bars.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

model number ?

DV218AEBXAA i forgot.

had a lot of problems with the interface on these machines,which controls the main board ,i would check there

... They said that it will count down and shut off in timed dry. 

are the clothes then dry ?

There's a service bulletin out on this problem that includes your model number.  Problem description sounds very similar to what you're seeing.  

Also some info

document1page001.jpg

symptom2page001.jpg

Also some info

Nice!  Domo, Brother Ohm-sweet-Ohm!  

There's a service bulletin out on this problem that includes your model number.  Problem description sounds very similar to what you're seeing.  

Guess we were posting at the same time!

The first Graphic is for testing the sensor function.

I've not done Samsung warranty for 3 years now---and my Samsung memory is being over-written by incoming/new LG memory.

Sorta like a flash re-program using a jig. :)

Looking at my notes---the last time that I had a Samsung dryer was in 2009...

Model: DV218AEB/XAA

Serial: W04S54BQ901182R

Symptom: "Takes Too Long To Dry and Cycle Starts Over Again By itself"

Per Samsung Tech Center : Replace Main Board DC92-00160A

Problem solved.

I'd re-verify that the *correct* Main Board was installed.

If part(s) are ordered/obtained through a non-Samsung source---there's always a chance that the you'll receive the same defective/out-of-spec/non-updated part. Especially Main or Display Boards.

Would the defective/out-of-spec/non-updated part have the same part number?  I checked and I installed DC92-00160A.