The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
alexeinspruch

GE Monogram ZDIS150WSSC high capacity ice maker not making ice

16 posts in this topic

I'm at my inlaws......machine was working fine and apparently came home to an empty machine. It makes noises like it's filling and draining but still doesn't make ice.

Compressor coils cleaned. They ran vinegar and water through the reservoir. We purchased the green cleaner as well but have not tried it. I just checked the machine and the CLEAN light is lit.

Not sure what to try next.

Edited by alexeinspruch

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Is the Compressor running ?

Does the Evaporator Plate get cold ?

I reached up inside at the top to feel the evaporator plate......it is actually quite warm. We will have to pull the machine out from under the countertop to check compressor, correct? Is the compressor fused separately from the rest of the icemaker?

Edited by alexeinspruch

Compressor is running. We pulled the unit out from under the counter. Now running the factory clean cycle with the Hydroclean...

Edited by alexeinspruch

... the CLEAN light is lit.

then it's in the 47 minute Clean Cycle

To exit Clean Cycle, press ON or OFF

I could still see some Hydroclean when I drained the pan so I'm running it again. 7 minutes left.

Ok. The cleaning cycle did not seem to want to finish even after 70+ min, so I ended it by pressing the off button and holding it down. I then drained the pan. Next I pressed the on button. Pan now refills and both the ON and CLEAN lights are illuminated.

The CLEAN light remains constantly illuminated. I don't know where the dirty parts are but water is reaching the condensing plate to produce an ice sheet....that much I know. Peering through the plastic guard up top which blocks the heated grate I see water cascading down....

Edited by alexeinspruch

Fast forward. Some ice, but mostly reservoir filling and emptying endlessly. CLEAN light still on...

Open the control panel and remove the wires from the On/Off and the Clean switches.

Ohm the switch to see if Clean is continuous when off.

Leave the Clean wire off the switch and replace the On wires and start the machine to see if it stays in the ice making mode.

You have either a bad push button switch or a bad control board.

Water runs only after I opened the door for about a minute....

Did you ohm the pushbutton switches to verify them opening and closing correctly?

No not yet.....stand by.