Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
AlexM

G.E. Top Freezer Model# GTS22JBPCRWW, Sealed System Leak?

10 posts in this topic

I just wanted to confirm that this looks like a sealed system leak?

In addition to this, the unit is not keeping temps, I think becuase of a evap fan that is going out.

I don't do refrigerant,  but could this be fixed with some leak stop product by a EPA certified tech? and for a reasonable amount of money?

post-71964-0-85093700-1364959179_thumb.j

post-71964-0-38527700-1364959200_thumb.j

post-71964-0-17950700-1364959238_thumb.j

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

iT LOOKS LIKE THER IS LITE FROST THRU THE EVAPORATOR.If ther is a system leak the frost pattern would just be at top of evaporator and maybe partially down the evaporator thru maybe two coils.From the initial picture it looks like ice, hard to say.Is the evap fan running?The block of ice on right and left will definetly cause an airflow problem and cause unit to be warm.How are the door gaskets on unit.

SAMANERA

Door gaskets are in great shape, the unit is relativaly new and lightly used.  The evap fan is surely an issue, It wasn't running when I got to it, then spun the blades and it started up, seems like a 'lazy fan'.   Could that cause the ice on the right side?

just replace the fan motor

problem is a common failure , common weak GE fan ( solid state pile of garbage , bring back the "C" frame motors ! PLEASE !! )

don't over think it

frost pattern is normal

Ice on right side always there , it is normal and does not effect the fridge in any way

Edited by Cactus Bob

KOHAI is correct change evap fan motor. Thats the problem

Agree with all, fan motor. Cactus Bob your 100% on the "C" frame motor

I think we all concur, right?

Sound great, can I replace the fan with a SM999, or will I need to get the factory fan?

O.E.M. parts, please...Don't chimp out on the cost, it is what it is......Easier to warranty and the part fits the first time....  your model number sez you need a WR60x10129 motor, AC/DC voltage..................SM999 is 120  volt A.C........Try and wire that puppy in.......   ( Being a Sheeple on the 'C' frame motor, Is that like a shaded pole motor??) .........Cacti Bob..I concur with you...

thanks!