Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
ncc1701e

Kenmore Refrigerator 795.71059010

5 posts in this topic

This is one of those foreign looking not really Kenmore-ish machines. Ice maker doesn't work. Water dispenser shows good pressure. There are no ice cubes in the ice maker and when I put a glass of water in it manually it freezes but the cubes don't get ejected from the ice maker even over night. Do I have a bad ice maker? When I turn the ice maker off and back on using its own power button, it makes a few stepper motor like sounds and I see the mold trying to rotate or turn back and forth but very little movement barely enough to get noticed, but thats about it nothing else, it goes quiet again.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

edit : did not look up ice maker , sorry , asleep ,

soon as i saw it i thought .........shoot ....it ..........it's dead

Edited by Cactus Bob

Under the left side of the icemaker is a small square test button. Hold it down and see if it starts rotating then fills with water. If it doesn't rotate ,replace icemaker. Part # aeq72910408. If it rotates and doesn't fill, we will need to dig in further. Very rarely is it not the ice maker.

Ok I will try the test button procedure. Thanks BryanS.