Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RedToryTy

KM wall oven 911.47456590 throwing "F2"

5 posts in this topic

To the Dojo,

I've got this wall oven overheating, to the point of burning up the sensor connection. Ohming the sensor: 1090 (A-1, good resistance); ohming at the J1 connector: 1330 ohms. So I've got an exposed wire somewhere. My plan of attack is pulling out the oven, removing the back cover, and ohming each wire to ground and hunting for the broken covering. I had a dryer do this once, so I've got experience. Any additional strategery, critical comments, snide remarks, or pointing out any glaring errors in planning my attack?

Thanks in advance,

Tyrus

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... of burning up the sensor connection.

Sensor connections where ?

if you're talking about the connections at the end of the Sensor wires,

they shouldn't be inside the Oven,

but on the other side of the back Oven wall

Sounds to me like the sensor connector went bad causing the oven to overheat causing it to burn the sensor connector which causes it to overheat causing it to burn the sensor connector......see... It's like "the song that never ends"

Anyhow, I would replace the sensor regardless of test results. Many new replacement sensors require bypassing the molex connector. If not, bypass it anyway and splice it in, cutting off as much of the old wire as possible.

... keeping the connections behind the back wall of the Oven ...

The deterioration probably started after a self clean (self destruct) cycle.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0