LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

GE Dryer DRSR495EG1WW

jambatt

Customer says unit shuts down completely after about five minutes of run time and top of cabinet is very hot. Will not restart until it cools down. I've spent many hours monitoring this beast and I can't get it to duplicate the problem. Just got a call back less than an hour after watching it complete  drying a load with no problem. Timer was replaced about 16 months ago. Cycling thermostat working OK. Motor thermal overload  OK. Exhaust vent clear. Running on  timed dry cycle should bypass the circuit board for the auto dry sensor. Could a intermittent faulty high limit thermostat cause total shutdown?? This one has been  a head and butt scratcher.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• jambatt

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Team Samurai

You need to duplicate the exact conditions the customer creates when using the machine:  same load of clothes, same settings on the dryer, etc.  This kind only comes out by prayer and fasting.  

• Team Samurai

his kind only comes out by prayer and fasting.  

Done that 

You mean the prayer fasting didn't work for you?  That always works for me.  

Have you checked the heating element to see if one of them is grounded?