Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
WMFISHINGFOOL

KENMORE GAS DRYER 11070202991 WONT GET HOT ENOUGH

13 posts in this topic

GREETINGS ALL FIRST TIME MEMBER SO BE GENTEL.  I AM A PARTTIME APPRENTICE REPAIR TECH  BEEN WORKING ON WASHER AND DRYERS FOR BOUT 8 MONTHS NOW.  SO NOT TOTALLY EDUCATED BOUT THE MACHINES.  HAVE 3 DRYERS DOING THE SAME THING NOT HEATING TO 150 ON EXHAUST. FLAME WILL CYCLE OFF AT AROUND 120 THEN CYCLE BACK ON AT AROUND 95.  AND YES ALL THE BASICS HAVE BEEN COVERED EXHAUST CLEAN AND CLEAR.  ONTHE MACHINNE I AM CURRENTLY ON THIER IS A NEW SET OF COILS(NO CONTENUITY AFTER HEATED UP), THERMAL FUSE(WAS BLOWN), CYCLING THERMOSTAT, AND HI LIMIT THERMOSTAT.  NOT VERY MANY POSSIBILITIES LEFT BUT COULD USE SOME GUIDENCE. 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The temp is being checked at rear vent. When checked empty it will top out At about 165 to 170 and go on and off like it's supposed to but wit medium load on timed dry high heat will stop at around 120.

... When checked empty it will top out At about 165 to 170 and go on and off like it's supposed to

... but wit medium load on timed dry high heat will stop at around 120.

1) then everything is working OK

2) I don't know.. doesn't make sense .... maybe the clothes are too wet (not spun-out by washer)

Measured with an infra-red thermometer or a mechanical one ?

DIAL THERMOMERTER. AND I USE THE SAME TEST LOAD AND THERMOMOETER  FOR ALL DRYERS I TEST.  BUT CLOTHS ARE STILL NOT DRYING.  REALLY NEED TO FIGURE OUT.  BECAUSE IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS NOT BEING ABLE TO FIX.  AS I LOOKED IN GARAGE I ACTUALLY HAVE 5 WITH THIS SAME PROBLEM.  THAT IS WHY I SIGND UP HERE HOPING FOR THE GRAND WISDOM OF YOU ALL.  LET ME KNOW IF YOU THINK OF ANYTHING IT MIGHT BE. 

I don't know.. doesn't make sense .... maybe the clothes are too wet (not spun-out by washer)

Dryer uses the same heater and thermostats whether there's clothes or not

THEN WHAT WOULD CAUSE IT NOT TO DRY CLOTHES?  HAVE GOOD STRONG AIRFLOW COMING OUT REAR VENT. 

... HAVE 3 DRYERS DOING THE SAME THING

think out-side the box

.... maybe the clothes are too wet (not spun-out by washer)

WILL TRY BUT THOUGHTS OUTSIDE THE BOX ARE THE SAME AS INSIDE.  HAHA.  JUST CONNECTED A KENMORE ELITE AND IS TOPPING OUT AT 160 LIKE ITS SUPPOSED TO SO I KNOW THERMOMERTER AND VENT ARE FINE.  ANY OTHER HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

with the same load of wet clothes ?

YES  AM GOING TO PUT ANOTHER LOAD IN NOW. 

JUST PUT IN A VERY GOOD SIZE LOAD IN THE ELITE OASIS  WILL FIND OUT IN 60 MINS IF ITS DRIED.  OTHER DRYERS I HAVE TESTED USUALLY NEED ABOUT 20 TO 25 MINS OF NONSTOP FLAMES FOR IT TO REACH 150 OR MORE.  BUT THESE 5 DRYERS ARE THE THORNE IN MY SIDE ITS A MISSION NOW TO FIGURE THEM OUT AT ALL COST.  BUD LIGHT TIME. 

WELL THE ELITE OASIS DID CYCLE UP TO ABOUT 160 ALBITE A LOT LONGER DUE TO THE FACT THAT SIGNIFICANT OTHER THINKS SHE CAN CATCH UP ON LAUNDRY BY DOUBLING UP THE LOAD SIZE.  SO ANY SUGGESTIONS?