Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

How does a question get marked as answered?

DeathStalker

Some receive a "BEST ANSWER" status.

Others depend upon the result from the asker.

• Like 1

DeathStalker

Well dang. I see the marked solved (and mark unsolved) on this one but I didn't one others. Let me go try again dammit.

EDIT: Crap. Maybe I was too sober or something. NOW I see the thing that says "mark solved" I didn't before.

Let me make yours the best lol. Thanks.

Edited by DeathStalker

• 1 month later...

I still cant figure out go make my posts go to answered. im i blind?

• Team Samurai

Not all forums have the "Answered" feature enabled.  This one and the Appliance Service Manual Request forum do but the Kitchen, Laundry, and HVAC forums do not.  The reason is that there were so many pre-existing topics before InvisionBoard released the "Answered" feature in one of their recent upgrades that it would have made older topics look neglected or irrelevant.  And as anyone who's spent any time searching  this site knows, there's gold in them thar old topics!

• Like 1

And as anyone who's spent any time searching this site knows, there's gold in them thar old topics!

That's why it's important to remember to use the site's google search box as well as the standard box. The google box will search and find older stuff as well as newer entries. But the wild card search parameters "*" doesn't work for numbers (this is a google shortcoming probably done to prevent their servers from bogging down searching for all occurences of jpt4* in an alpha string then billions of results if included in a numerical or alpha numerical string)

The main Appliantolgy search box will respect the wild card "*" for alpha-numerical searches but the searches are limited to entries made in the last year or so.

There is also gold in many of the entries in a thread with a "best answer" although those entries were not considered the best answer. Sometimes the collaborative process brought about by the many and varied answers can be more valuable than the info found in the "best answer." You may learn the valuable thinking process of a master and you may learn what not to do or what did not work.

Having a "best answer" is great but don't simply rely on it as it may sometimes be like limiting yourself to the cliffnote version of Don Quixote and missing out on the remarkable treasures found in such a great work of art. Hyperbole, you say? No, for many of the masters found here are artists indeed.

• Like 2

• Team Samurai

That's why it's important to remember to use the site's google search box as well as the standard box. The google box will search and find older stuff as well as newer entries. But the wild card search parameters "*" doesn't work for numbers (this is a google shortcoming probably done to prevent their servers from bogging down searching for all occurences of jpt4* in an alpha string then billions of results if included in a numerical or alpha numerical string)

The main Appliantolgy search box will respect the wild card "*" for alpha-numerical searches but the searches are limited to entries made in the last year or so.

An excellent reminder and summary of the site's search options and how to use them, Brother Durham!  Domo!   :dude:

• Team Samurai

Here, here, Brother kdog!  

Were wiser words ever spoken?   :buddha: