Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Patricio

RV Refrigerator Electric/LP powered Dometic MN# RM2652

5 posts in this topic

I know Samurai has worked on these things.  I had a call if I serviced this particular model.  Complaint is does not seem as cold & bottom is wet.   Can any body explain theory of the workings & what to put eyeballs on?   Wetness is probable restricked drain tube.    How does it know to switch to LP when no electricity is present (auto mode)?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Dude...You something else...(Read that as fantastic)...  Mucho thank you.

Easiest test on the cooling unit is to listen for a percolating sound in the boiler pack. If you hear that, there's been a system leak-- new cooling unit time.

If it cools normally on electric but not on gas, then most likely the gas burner is fouled and needs a good cleaning. Check the flame, should be mostly blue. If lots of yellow or soot, then definitely a fouled burner.

Level is critical in these units because the aqua ammonia flows back to the boiler pack by gravity. Use a round bubble level, the bubble should be within the inner ring.

Thanks Samurai