Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Joe@gen2

Whirlpool icemaker round plug/flat plug

8 posts in this topic

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator with no icemaker that has the round connector. Someone gave me a new icemaker but of course it has the flat plug. I know they make a universal replacement icemaker that comes with an adapter to use on either type refrigerator.  Can anyone tell how that adapter is wired?

Thanks

Joe

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The universal ice maker comes with two different cords that just plug onto the ice maker, is not an adaptor.  You might be able to call around to your local repair shops to see if some one has some spare flat plug cords lying around.  We have several extra of both extra since each universal kit has both of them in the box. 

One of the sitesI was looking at that had the universal replacement had this pic.

Joe

post-585-1290450849_thumb.jpg

That would be this site. :dude:

That's even better. Can you tell me which wires go to which pins on the round connector?

Joe

:banana:

I don't remember off hand but it's easy to figure out. Just use your multimeter to test continuity from each pin to the other end.

I really fail to see how splicing this round plug ice maker cord will work if he does not have the flat plug cord that will be needed to plug into the back of the freezer compartment??  I understood the ice maker was not in the ref. to get the flat plug cord off of.  Guess I miss-undrstood the question. 

My guess is that he's gonna decapitate the flat head and splice on the round head.  In which case, it's even easier:  just match the colors.  The icemaker end of each plug that snaps into the back of the module head is the same.