Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AARDL

GE Frig, water under crisper TBX21JISRRWH

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

GE Mod # TBX21JISRRWH

I was wondering if there is a solution of the water bypassing liner top FF.

Do I have to replace the trough drain? that looks like a pain in my grasshopper A----

Thanks for you time,

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like drain tube in the freezer is plugged. If you remove the back wall in the freezer it will expose the cooling coils and the drain tube. The drain tube is filledvwith ice most likely. You can defrost it with a hair dryer and hot water. Or unplug the unit for 24hrs.

Thanks for your input.

I did check the drain hole it was clear, I like using a 1/4 plastic tubing as a long straw to suck up hot water and melt the ice a turkey baster works good also

the WP top bottom units get plugged up all the time.

Take care,

So now I went out on a Kenmore MOD#36378562895

It is also dripping into the frig and I took off back panel in the freezer there was no ice in the trough, I pour water into the trough and it goes right into the fresh food going down the back wall, I did take off the cover for the cold control area.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Go to the back side of refrig and remove the defrost drain tube that runs down the back of the refrig and clean out the water trap/cane end of drain tube and make sure not clogged with gookus at the rear grommet to tube connection.

I didn't think this unit had that tub so I didn't pull it out, I'll do that next week,

Thanks,

Go to the back side of refrig and remove the defrost drain tube that runs down the back of the refrig and clean out the water trap/cane end of drain tube and make sure not clogged with gookus at the rear grommet to tube connection.

Appliance repair 101 pull out frig,

It took a lot of force from my old lungs to blow into the tub but yes :banana: it worked,

Thanks

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0