Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
sankyu3

LG DLG5988 No Heat - Diagnostic 19:F0/U01

4 posts in this topic

I apologize for the similar post to the DLE5977 post, but I think this is a different problem.

Background: This LG dryer is at least 6 or 7 years old.  Has worked great until 3 days ago.

Problem: No heat on using any settings (e.g. Normal, Air Dry, Speed Dry).  The diagnostic code flashes 19:F0/U01.  Hit Start/Pause 3 times temp stays at 21 to 22.

So far, I have cleaned out the venting system - inside dryer (as far as hand reaches) to outside house vent.  Good air flow.

Questions:

1) Am I looking at a gas valve issue?  I have not had a chance to check it because I will be leaving in hours and will not be able to work on this for about a week.

2) Is there a quick and easy temporary fix for the dryer until I can work on it next week?

Thanks,

zt

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

<<<The diagnostic code flashes 19:F0/U01.>>>

Software ID number (not relevant in this case).

<<<So far, I have cleaned out the venting system - inside dryer (as far as hand reaches) to outside house vent.  Good air flow.>>>

If the vent system was partially restricted/blocked---then it is likely that the ***resettable*** THERMAL LIMITER is "open".

Can be reset by pressing the small button on it.

Location is---on the Burner Housing at the 7PM position (if looking at the burner assy from the front of the dryer).

Verify that the entire Vent System is clean/cleared.

Unplug the dryer before attempting to service.

Thank you John63.  Do I have to pull the whole front off to get to the reset or can I get to it from the back?

Got to pull the front off, it's not that hard