Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arrow 1

Maytag mvwc200xw0 loud popping sound

8 posts in this topic

i am working on this unit. I can see the shift actuator arm in motion. Each time it rotates it makes a very loud pop sound. Washer will not spin, agitate. Any ideas or experience with this sound?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

So it won't spin? Can you hand spin the inner basket? Have you ohmed out your actuator according to the tech sheet (in front of cabinet)? How does the basket move in the automatic function test?

Have you ran diagnostic test 3A and 3B to test the shift assembly? Shift Actuator arm broken? Splutch mechanical assembly in good shape?--Basket Drive Gear, Cam Ring, Pulley Teeth?  

I need to get tech sheet . It is missing on this unit. If anyone has please post? Then I can run test's etc. and report back. I can spin basket by hand.

Edited by arrow 1

Thanks Reg

Does the actuator move continuously? It should move one or two strokes then stop, that's how the board knows if it is in spin or agitate. I've seen a lot of shifter errors. Review tech sheet and do the knob dance and pull any error codes. If it has the shifter error I'd replace the actuator and lubricate the splutch. I think a sticky splutch contributes to then actuator faults

Yes it moves continuously  I am going back today. Will post back. I have replaced actuators before. As I stated in original post the loud popping sound I have not encountered before. This machine is the commercial technology model . . 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0