Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
reeferman

DACOR OVEN M#ECD227SCH door gap

7 posts in this topic

This is the third Dacor oven I have encountered recently that has a door that does not appear to fit properly. The latches at the hinge point of connection appear to be of a Whirlpool design. Is there any one out there who has encountered this problem and has a solution? Any help is appreciated.

post-12664-0-71362800-1366825854_thumb.j

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This is the third Dacor oven I have encountered recently that has a door that does not appear to fit properly. The latches at the hinge point of connection appear to be of a Whirlpool design. Is there any one out there who has encountered this problem and has a solution? Any help is appreciated.

I would replace hinges and receivers (hinge "rollers") as a set.

Two hinges are listed for that model number:

Not sure with is yours.  

Ok. I finally have the hinges. Thanks RepairClinic.

Is there a tutorial on how to replace them? Any special tool to use to unload the spring tension and slide the worn mechanism out? I have the door apart  but am not able to figure this out? Help!

Ok. I figured it out. I had to use a pair of vice grips to hold the old hinge fully open, and did this while hinge was still attached to door. Then, while it is held open,  i used a pair of channel locks to squeeze the mechanism the last little bit until the locking tab easily moved out of the way. Getting it back together was more difficult and I had to place the door skin down on a flat table, and push the entire door down until it locked. Be careful, it takes a lot of force.

The replacement hinges received should already be secured with the locking hasp.  If you already have the door off and need to lock the hinge, lay the door face down on a protected surface.  My favorite tool to use is an 18" long piece of 1" pvc.  Just slide it over the hinge and use the increased leverage to extend the hinge until you can secure the locking hasp.

Edited by PDuff

I could not figure out how to insert it while locked. Good idea on the pvc, which is firm yet won't damage anything. Thanks!!!