Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
dmanleysr

LG Washer WM2016CW Won't start.

7 posts in this topic

Power on. Select wash cycle screen shows - - -. Press start/pause button nothing happens. Enter QC test mode screen flashes IU02 and then In80 alternatingly. I can hear the door lock trying to lock 2 clicks and then 2 more clicks. Then it chimes like 4 to 6 times. Press start/pause button nothing happens. Could this be a bad lock assembly? The machine shows no codes.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Indications are the door lock is damaged.  Curious as to why no dE fault code shown.  Check door switch connection at main pwb assy (red 3 pin yellow 4 pin & white 3 pin).  Also check door hook spring.

Here's the service manual for this unit:  http://appliantology.org/files/file/79-lg-washer-wm2016cw-service-manual/

Look on pages 36 and 37, has details on operation and testing the door lock assembly.  Verify the resistances inside the door lock assy, especially through the PTC,  and that you're getting proper voltage supply from the main control board.  

Scott,

Thank you very much. Just what I was looking for. I also have WM2016CW Service Manual and it doesn't have these pages. Pagers are numbered (1-40). Cover page is identical. Go figure.

Edited by dmanleysr

Let us know whatcha find!  

Just as I had thought "Bad Door Lock". Test point 2 to 4 should be 700 to 1500 Ω. It was open. I never realized that there were two different versions of that Service Manual. Doesn't make sense. Thanks again for your help.

Nice shootin'!   :armed:

Thanks for letting us know!  

Welcome to the world of Khaotic Korean documentation.   :wacko: