Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aasnowskate

Bosch WFMC5440UC Washer will not wash or spin

4 posts in this topic

Thanks Samurai.  I saw this one when I was looking earlier. Do you think I would follow the diagnostics procedure for the 3200 or 6400?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I got to the washer finally. The 3200 is the control panel that is closest to this one.  I was called there to replace the pump because customer lost the clean out cap to the pump and had to order a new pump as you can not get just the cap.  After installing the pump I went to run washer and it started and would not fill at all.  After trying a few more times, it would lock and then just pulse the door lock causing it to try to lock over and over again.  Then the code E: came up.  No E with a number, just E:  (E cololn).  the service manual says nothing about this.  The resistance of the door lock is low according to the service manual: about 65 ohms, but it is locking and then throwing code.  I am thinking it is the control board.  the part number for that lock is 644307.  It comes up with a weird name under repairclinic.  That is not where I order parts, but they have great pics. According to the service manual, when there is no water coming in and you have water present, and the valves are good, the board is bad.

Any thoughts?

This model might have the Aquastop system consisting of a leak detection safety float located to the center/bottom of cabinet.  Might have just enough water in washer base after replacing pump to lift float.  Aquastop also has leak detecting fill hoses that have an indicator to show if there's a problem.  Red indicates bad hose and must be replaced.  Any of these conditions should result in a fault code of E:17.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0