Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
DurhamAppliance

Kenmore (LG made) fridge 79565009401 intermittent problem

5 posts in this topic

went to repair call the other day. Complaint was warm freezer and fresh food. When I arrived, temps were normal. Diagnostics show no errors. I thought problem was probably board related but unsure. Customer said they recently unplugged fridge to clean condenser a day before I arrived. I thought maybe they reset a board that may have been stuck in defrost. I had no evidence, however. Advised them to unplug and replug machine in if it happened again and call me. 3 days passed, customer called and said he had to unplug fridge since it stopped working and it worked after fridge plugged back in.

Could there be any other explanation other than a bad board?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Does this unit have the plastic cover for the muthaboard?  If so, that may be the problem.  There's a service bulletin out replacing the plastic cover with a metal one to reduce EMF interference with the board.  New cover p/n 3551JJ1020A.

good question... I will be checking on it today

Plastic it is! Man, you make me sound like a genius to my customers.

Awesome!  Gotta fix the obvious problems first.  Install that metal cover and tell us how it goes.