Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
bigbenc2

frigidare sxs will not defrost

4 posts in this topic

i have a frigidare sxs mod # frs6lr5eb3  .. it got frosted up and i checked the usual. heater , defrost stat.. ect. all was good so i defrosterd it and replaced the adaptive defrost control and wire harnes that came with it..it lasted about a week and was frosted up again..i  thought maybe i got a bad part so i replaced it again and defrosted coil and it frosred back up in a week or so.. now... i can hit the light switch 5 timed fast and it will enter the defrost and every thing works..it will not do it on its on ..has anyone else had this problem? ..thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I've not had this problem because I always use new, OEM replacement parts.  I can't remember the last board I got bad out of the box although it does happen.  

Did you use an OEM replacement part for the ADC board and harness?  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Defrost-Control-Board/5303918476/1614983?modelNumber=FRS6LR5EB3

Defrost-Control-Board-5303918476-0117628

Agreed.  Also check evap fan motor.  Even though fan motor is 120 volts power to fan is routed through defrost control.  Might cause issues with replacement control.

If I remember right, the wiring harness is changed when upgrading from ADC I, ADC II or ADC III. Wih that in mind, check and double check to make sure you connected the correct wires to their desired location. Eliminate the human factor.