Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Cityboysrus

Front Load Washer Model#WFW9200SQA10

7 posts in this topic

Intial complaint was F11 error code. The tech sheet supplied with the washer only provides test parameters for the motor. All (motor) pins showed 6 ohms. MCU was replaced washer then displayed F28 error code. (Water entered for 3 secs before F28 displayed). Installed old MCU, and error code F70 displayed(water entered for 3 secs). Reseated CCU connections/Userface connections and old MCU connections then the Userface Display went out WTF!!!!

has anyone seen a machine come alive :woot:

Diagnostic test wouldn't pass COO door lock, before displaying F28 as well.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Could you help some of us out, Not all of us have a tech sheet in front of us...............Could you give us a hint what F-11, F-28 and F-70 might be?????  I work on all brands.. makes    models..... every thing but microwaves...........Do not have every fault code memorized ............Could you give me a little hint??????   Sounds like a door lock problem.................. P.S.  we do not charge by the word... :whistling: .

F11 motor control unit error(Possible repairs are CCUor MCU), F28 Serial communication error(possible repairs CCU,MCU, or Motor), and F70 Central control Unit heartbeat failure(possible repairs CCU).

Thanks for not charging by the hour. I'm headed back this morning with a CCU, and door lock from your earlier statement just in case I don't receive a reply . :rocker:

F28 can be caused by running with any of the panels off and not having the ground switches closed.

IT'S DONE :rocketwhore:  I RECHECKED THE MOTOR, DISCONNECTED THE QUICK CONNECT ON THE MCU, AND IT STILL WAS FAILING. I REMOVED THE CASING OFF THE CCU AND PUSHED ALL CONNECTIONS IN. U17 AND U1P3 WEREN'T SEATED PROPERLY. SELECTED DRAIN/SPIN CYCLE MOTOR /WASHER FINALLY RAN. RAN NORMAL WASH CYCLE CHECKED OK!!!!!

I AM KING FOR THE DAY :rocker:

MAN BEAT MACHINE!!!!!! :rocker:

Great job!   :thumbsup:

And thanks for posting what you found!   :dude: