Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
appliancecare

GE SPBD880J0MV detergent dispensing pedestal

5 posts in this topic

Ok.  This is new one for me.  Detergent is not dispensing.  All the hoses are gummed up with detergent.  Tried to blow through one hose with my nitrogen tank and could not clear it.   Anybody ever work on one of these. Don't see how designer could not fore see this problem! ...  Replace all the hoses?  ....Not exactly sure if pump is gummed up too.  In diagnostic mode I can get suction from one pump but not the other two.  There are 3 pumps, two for detergent one for fab softener.

As Always, thanks for any feedback.

Edited by appliancecare

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Fortunately I have not encountered this monstrosity.  The concept is interesting but I expect it is doomed to failure.

Run! Do not get involved! The design is so flawed you can not fix it so it stays working. You'll be replacing the pump assembly and cleaning ever inch of hose, every connector, and the tanks. Over and over and over......

We will not warranty or cover these with any service contract, it's a total looser with certain multiple unpaid recalls

Ive found one... where is the bulk dispenser switch... prints show it.

Manual is messed up .. J6 in list

Its J8.. took motors out. Cover has numbers I II and III.. for hoses

Following wiring diagram.. the right pump comes on at second pin.. MOTOR three.. ( wire diagram says this is fab soft) ok but.. tank two.. is fab softner..

Soo. If you hook up hoses following numbers on cover.. its messed up.

I had to leave the call. But am looking for the bulk switch.

I still cant download from this site to get tech bulletin.

If it's even half as bad as the DishWasher with a detergent bottle in the drawer RUN! With the D/W if you change detergent type or brand it forms 'concrete'.

Edited by olyteddy