LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

ASKO 1475 dishwasher manual, please

RedToryTy

Reg,

Send the ASKO 1475 dishwasher manual, please.

Thanks in advance,

Tyrus

• 1 month later...

Domos to you, Spannerwrench. This Asko's leaving water in the sump up to the top of the clean out screen. Based on the manual you sent, I would raise pump out time. Does this DW have a check valve I should check? Do you have a component location manual? Thanks for the help you've already given.

There may be a check valve installed on the drain hose where it connects to the disposer outlet. I've seen those get filled with gookus before. Also if you're not very familiar with the ASKO DWs make sure you unplug it before you work underneath, you won't like it if you're wet and touch the wrong thing.

• Like 1

What service manual do you use to access components? I've never serviced one before, and am not keen on experimenting on the customer's time.

• Team Samurai

not keen on experimenting on the customer's time.

Yet another reason to charge by flat rate vs. time and materials.  Unless you spend a lot of time in manufacturer training, the only practical way to learn is while actually on the job.  If you're charging by flat rate, the customer is protected while you're learning and gaining new skills.  As you gain skill and proficiency in various models, your speed increases.  This is the equivalent of "getting a raise" because you're still charging the same amount but it takes you less time to complete the repair by virtue of your hard-won experience.  You get rewarded for getting better and the customer is protected from excessive charges while you're still learning.  

I don't have a problem doing that, as such. What I need is a "map" to get into the dishwasher; that's what I not going to do, and that's what I need help with--hence the "component location" manual/diagram request.

Thanks for your help, Spannerwrench.