Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
WMFISHINGFOOL

Whirlpool Gas dryer lgt6634aw0 wont flame up

10 posts in this topic

good afternoon all  have a whirlpool gas dryer lgt6634aw0 wont flame up.  thermal fuse, hi limit, cycling thermos, flame sensor all work fine.  i am a lil rough on wiring schematics, but im pretty sure i am supposed to bypass the red and black wires on this model to verify if timer is bad.  all i get is a click everytimme i hit the start button.  does this mean timer is bad?  when i start it normally (all wires where they should be) it starts fine ignitor glows and goes out like it should, but never any flames.  help would be appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I can't find a wiring diagram for that c.1993 model

But it would seem that most everything is OK (including Timer) if the Drum Motor runs

and the Ignitor glows

Has this Dryer worked OK up till now at this location ?

Has it been in storage for any length of time ?

Sounds like a problem with primary or secondary coils on valve.  Check both for continuity. 

have replaced coils with 2 new sets still no fire and no has never worked at my location.  was working at last location till this problem arose.  i disconnected it from prior owners house so no chance of stuff getting in gas pipe.  how do i check timer?  i am including a pic of schematics.  sorry not sure how to upload a different way.

guess the picture didnt go through

.  was working at last location till this problem arose.

...no chance of stuff getting in gas pipe

1) are you sure ?

2) not stored for any length of time ?

yes still had cloths in wen i removed.  it.  lady said she had had it for years with no problems. 

was a freebie for me so no reason for her to lie bout it.  at least you would think.  lol

Ignitor may be cracked ...

works OK until it starts to heat-up ?

I can't find a wiring diagram for that c.1993 model

But it would seem that most everything is OK (including Timer) if the Drum Motor runs

and the Ignitor glows

Has this Dryer worked OK up till now at this location ?

Has it been in storage for any length of time ?

If ignitor glows and has continuity when checked timer should be good.  Flame sensor should be good.  Ignitor picks up voltage on the same circuit as valve coils and flame sensor.  Do the coils snap/click prior to ignitor going out?

gas valve turned on?