Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
elmonducky

Whirlpool Washer LSR7233BQ1 (TL)

14 posts in this topic

With a full load setting washer overflows when spins.  Washer does not drain first before spinning, immediately starts spinning and subsequently overflows tub.  Thought it was the clutch but replacing did not help.  Leaning towards transmission.  Suggestions??

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

THanks

... Washer does not drain first before spinning

Does the Washer Motor pause for a few seconds after Agitate ?

(function of Timer)

Transmission needs to see a few second pause to enable Neutral Drain.

You can simulate the pause by opening the Lid for about 5 seconds after Agitate.

Yes

Neutral drain is enabled during the first few seconds of agitate mode. The motor has to pause after agitation in order for the motor to reverse direction for spin mode, not to enable neutral drain. The neutral drain mechanism is set up during the first 10 rotations of the gearcase main drive gear in agitate direction. Then when it reverses direction, it takes another 3 rotations before the latch engages and holds it in neutral. After drain, the motor must pause so that the latch can release, then motor starts again for spin and drain. If your motor doesn't pause after drain, this is what can be simulated by opening/closing the lid.

Eric

Edited by fairbank56

Invented in 1984 by Anthony Mason, Whirlpool Corporation.   :wink:

Here is my detailed explanation as to how the neutral drain mechanism works. This is as if you are looking down on the spin gear and could see the neutral drain parts underneath.

Eric

NeutralDrainExplanation.jpg

My head hurts after reading said Paper on said Patent, I should have said good night.......... :whistling: .....

My head hurts after reading said Paper on said Patent, .......... :whistling: .....

there'll be a test on it tomorrow  :tongue:

.............. :woot: ...... :kopkrab: .......... :bangin: .............