Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
hphillips

MVWB950YG Water Leak near Dispenser

5 posts in this topic

Good Morning-

I have a Maytag Bravos, pretty new, that is leaking water from what seems to be around the tub ring near the soap dispenser.  It doesn't leak from the water tube, but seems to be coming from the tub ring near the dispenser.  It only leaks when filling through the dispenser. 

I adjusted the tub ring, and it was fine for about 2.5 weeks.  Now the customer called and said it is leaking again.

Should I try replacing the tub ring, or is this a different issue that someone else has had experience with?

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If the leak is from the left front corner, check and see if the soap dispenser section of the tub ring has "louvers" in it.  If it is smooth than that could be your problem.  

Whirlpool had issues with these a few years a go and the Tech Line was sending out the modified tub rings to authorized servicers.

Edited by Thirstytech

Also look for a leak in the plastic line that feeds the dispenser. I usually pop the top up, let it rest on the clips, and watch with a flashlight while it runs through the diagnostic cycle.

Tech line told me smooth vs the ring with the louvers was an issue with the older machines.  I looked all over both dispensers, and couldn't find any leaks, tech line said to just order bleach, and soap dispensers, so we will see if that does it.

Thanks for you help!

i had one leaking at the detergent dispenser  left front. some how leaking over the top of the tub through the gruve in the clothes guard .i took the guard off cleaned the gruve and used silicone in the gruve just where the water comes in .that took care of it.