Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
rog

maytag pye2000ayw

7 posts in this topic

we have owned our dryer for about 5 years now.  it has worked great and i don't want to have to get a new one.  you know the wife will then want to buy a new washer too for a matching set!  anyway, there is a belt inside that is tearing apart. i can hear it wapping the side of the dryer as it spins. i figure this is a relatively easy fix to just replace a belt.  the problem is, the dryer is installed in a tight spot and i don't have tons of room to work.  the back and sides are one shell.  i figured there would either be a plate in the back to remove to get to the guts, or just remove the front panel.  there is no panel and the front is attached from the inside of the shell.  how the heck to i get to the guts to find out what belt needs replaced?

please help!  my laundry is piling up.

thx.

rog

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

take a putty knife and about 4 inches in from the edges of the top, insert the knife and release the latch tab on each side, lift up the top, there will be a screw holding the frount on to the case about 2 to 3 inches down on each side remove the screws and tilt the frount out to you lift up and the frount will come off of the case,Be careful not to pull the wires off of the door switch as you turn the frount panel around to the right and budrow you are in it!:banana:

And remember to unplug the dryer before starting any disassembly!  :yikes:

i do appreciate all the help.  the repair only took about a half hour and i didn't have to buy anything!  the blower wheel clamp must have loosened or something.  the sound was the blower wheel spinning at a different speed while running and continuing to spin after the shaft had stopped. i just tightened the blower clamp where there was no slip and then there was no sound!  again i do appreciate the help...and to think i almost had to buy a new set to satisfy the wife.

rog

:rocker:

not done yet need a blower wheel it is rounded out in the center of the wheel :?

that makes sense.  i was looking at it and wondering why it wouldn't just have a squared side like the motor shaft.  well, it works for now (and i know how to get in!)  when it makes the sound again, i will buy a new blower wheel from the parts partner.:cheers:

I would not wait, when the blower wheel goes, there you are with no air flow, so imagine what is happening with your heating element, which is staying on.  I see fire trucks heading to your address in the near future!!   :burning: Pegi